Friday, August 21, 2009

Funny Girls

A few funny conversations between mom and girls:


Banking:
Mom to K: Do you want to participate in the Bank Day at school?
K to Mom: What is it?
Mom explains it is an opportunity to open an account, each month put in money for savings, the bank comes to the school, etc.
K express she doesn't quite understand, Mom tries to do a better job explaining again.
K states again, she thinks she gets it but still not quite sure.
Mom says: The banks comes to the school, you put your money...(K interrupts)
K: I get that part...but why? Why do we do it..I mean..what is the prize?
Mom (grinning): There is no 'gift', you get to save money then when you find something really special to buy then you will have the money to do it.
K (with disgust, and truly astounded I'm falling for this whole bank day): What's the Point!?! You're just giving it to them, they're holding it and we get NOTHING BACK?? That's not right! I'm not doing that! I have my own bank, I'm saving for a dog. I just can't remember where I put that little bank..but I'll find it and keep adding to it!!
Mom is laughing too hard to respond.


Toothbrush..
K: Mom, is this a Reach toothbrush?
Mom: It's MY Reach toothbrush. (thinking she was asking if it was her own)
K: Yeah, I know, but is it a REACH?
Mom: Yep, it says REACH.
K: Ha, good...I like their commercials. (she's walking away now) You know..this is like a dental instrument.

Mom is trying to remember how much t.v. she's allowed her girls watch...maybe too much??


Ethiopia:
M is really diggin' Ethiopian food. Her favorite is the injera, cottage cheese and tibs. My Favorite word of all right now is when she asks for Ethiopian....she calls it 'E-P-O-Pia". Melts my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment