Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break Bliss



Spring Break at our house is a gift to not only the kids, but mom too! Truly I believe that it must have been a woman, a stay at home mom kind of woman, who said one day "I can't wake up one more morning, pack one more lunch, assist with one more assignment until I have a full week of rest, or two" and thus the Spring Break Fairy was born. Because of the county we live in we are granted not one but two weeks off. Bliss.
How have we spent our days? The last official day of school my oldest and I attended a Girl Scout overnighter..much fun indeed. So totally exhausted when we came home I crawled into bed at 5:30 and didn't get up until the next morning. The next few days were spent just hanging out, sleeping in late, trying to get the house in order. On Tuesday we decided to take a road trip! Yay! Thursday we headed to Illinois, stayed 2 nights in Lisle, IL, right outside of Chicago. We took the train into Chicago, had a dinner party with our American Girl dolls (hubby was sooo stoked about that!), and visited the Adler's Planetarium. Then we drove down to Indianapolis, stayed two nights and enjoyed our time there with a trip to the Indianapolis Children's Museum and an indoor water park. While there my hubby had searched out an Ethiopian restaurant, and aside from getting lost in the area we are quite sure was not visitor friendly on the not so great side of downtown, the experience was Fantastic and the food wonderful.
We've been home for 3 days now. My youngest seems to have picked up Fifths Disease from someplace..my best educated medical guess (all moms come with a license to diagnose). No worries there, it has not slowed her down. My oldest is enjoying her last few days of lounging. We all stayed in bed until 9:30 a.m.! It's 5:45p.m. and we're eating popsicles! I don't have a clue what I'm making for dinner..what's the rush? The sun is still shining and the day just seems to linger on. I. Love. it. Hoping the hubby gets home with enough time to enjoy some of this laziness..maybe he will declare a Spring Break for all others, encouraging all workers to take a spring break. He could be the modern day Spring Break Fairy!! Guessin' he won't find the joy in that title the way I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment