Friday, June 11, 2010

Predictions..

"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

While we were visiting the beach last week, we were walking into a store when out of the blue my oldest stopped me to ask what number we were. "What?" I asked, confused. She repeated "What number are we now...you know with Baby Brother". Oh..that number! Though we were miles away from home, he was continually on our minds. Many comparisons were made, predictions of the future. "Look how well these girls are doing in the water, that will make it easier when we get baby brother", "if we had baby brother here we would definitely not all fit into this van", "wonder if baby brother will play in the sand or will he be a water baby?" It was fun to guess and to have our friends around to share their own predictions. Some things would be more fun, others a bit more challenging..but all were met with great anticipation of the blessings we know he will bring to our lives. Though I haven't checked in a few weeks I do believe we are sitting at around 35..which made my oldest quite happy. Me too! The one thing I have been reminded of throughout this process is that it is in God's hands. His timing is always right. I love the last line of the above scripture..'It will not be late by a single day'. What a beautiful promise that is! We all are so excited to share our lives with him. Can't wait to take him to the ocean, to share my love of the beach with him. To holds his hands while his toes play in the sand. To hear him squeal with delight as we lift him over the waves. What a great day that will be! And for the record...I think he will be a water baby who loves to throw sand at his sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment