Thursday, July 9, 2009

Jumpin' n July

Aunt Amy with Kendall, Mally and Aaron

Catching up on Cousin Time

Kendall and Mally hangin' with (and on) their Nina

July is in full swing here! With Nina arriving on the 1st, July 4th activities and now my sister-in-law's fam in town we are definitely immersed in summer fun! It's always fun to spend summer with cousins. As a child I looked forward to each summer when I knew I'd get to stay at my grandparents for a few weeks. My cousins would meet me there and we would spend hours playing, talking, fighting, and eating everything in site! As we got older we compared music interests, books, boys, schools, etc. Now as adults we don't get to spend full weeks together so the time we do see each other is precious. I love seeing who they have become. Of reuniting with them and again sharing our experiences with our lives, marriages, and kids...and as always there is food! My oldest daughter loves these family reunions, she is much like her mother. At age 4 she really began to understand the term 'cousin' and the benefits of having an extended family. It's the best gift really, knowing you have people in different towns/states who will welcome you no matter the time of day!
So this week my girls get to reconnect with their cousin Aaron. They started it off right, a big hug then they immediately hit the toys, a game of hide-n-seek, chow down at dinner topped off with popsicles. The day ended the way it should..wishing for just 10 more minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment