Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wingin' it on Wednesday

My girls left for their mini-vacation with my parents yesterday. They were going to Knoxville to visit family then off to the mountains. Kendall called yesterday to give me the details... a neighborhood dog found it's way to their porch (black and white and in love with Kendall), there are 2 beautiful trees in the front yard(she sounded just like my mother) and a pretty cool pool table. She sounds so grown up on the phone, for a minute I am sad to realize this. But then I remember I am standing outside of TJMaxx where my new shirt is surely waiting for me and my sorrow is replaced by gladness...for Kendall's exciting new adventure and for my opportunity to actually shop!! It is good to step away from each other, even mother and child. Distance makes the heart grow fonder (and Brian would say makes our checkbook grow slimmer). So they are enjoying their special time with Nonna and Pop, I couldn't be more happy for them both. Mallory caught a brim at the nearby pond, they swam in the hot tub before bedtime and this morning they are heading to the aquarium. Kendall's new puppy-love hasn't shown yet, she's sure he will though. I, on the other hand, stayed in bed until 9:45 this morning....with the remote in hand flipping channels. It was great! But now I must do something every mother dreads...clean out the girl's bedrooms. There is no way to do this when they are home so here is my chance, guess I'll peel myself out of the bed and get moving. Or maybe I'll check out Lifetime..it is a rainy day....

No comments:

Post a Comment