Saturday, September 26, 2009

20 years Overnight!

Aren't we Totally Cool...like...for real!
What would the 80's be without Michael, Madonna and Big Hair Hollie?
Check out those leggings...I'm bummed you can't
see my pink and black tennis shoes!
Posted by Picasa

Oh what a night..
Last night I attended one of our neighborhood Ladies Night Out parties. I should try to be refined and call it a Ladies Night Out Event or Gathering..but let's call it what it is..A Party! The theme was 80's Night. What a blast! I found myself scrunching, spraying, teasing, spraying, lifting, spraying and flat out frying my hair just to get the same effect it had 20 years ago. I bought a bright pink and black animal print shirt, black torn leggings and pink/black tennis shoes(closest thing I could find to Vans). My friend Jo had a black mini and my outfit was complete! I even scared myself. Brian chuckled, Mal was confused and K said I looked like a Rock Star. (Proof that it's never too late to be a Rock Star!) I crawled out to my van hoping I didn't frighten my elderly neighbors and picked up another 80's babe and off we went. There were sooo many great outfits..one lady brought a cell phone from the 80's (ridiculous really), there were many preppies and lots of shoulder pads. Several other rock stars were there. Lots of neon, an Olivia Newton John wanna-be, Michael J had a fan, Madonna was well represented, tight rolled jeans and of course Lots of BIG HAIR!! We just laughed all night! Well..when we weren't singing karaoke to Lucky Star, Summer Love, Brick House and other great tunes from the best time ever! Food was even well represented with chicken nuggets, pizza rolls, and even aerosol cheese! What a great night. Then I woke this morning, 20 years older with hair from hell. Took 4 shampoos and 2 conditionings to make it lay down and soft. Kendall wanted me to style it like that all weekend. I promised her that when her time comes I'll be sure to pass on my technique.
So here it is Saturday night, almost 10:00 and everyone is in bed..while i wait for paint to dry. Seriously. That's what happens when you're 36, married, with kids, on a Saturday night. I woke this morning and decided we should paint the house. Lucky for me my not-so-ambitious husband agreed to only attacking the kitchen and hallway. We have finished the kitchen, but not dipped a brush on the hall yet. He's snoozing, I doubt we're doing much more tonight. I should be grateful, as my shoulders are aching from the rolling but truthfully I am itching to get it done so I'm a bit disappointed. I think I'm still on some sort of adrenaline rush from pretending to be 16 again and the best I can do is paint. (pathetic) Or maybe all of that hairspray has affected my brain? Either way, I guess I'm gonna pack it up for the night. I may be 16 at heart, but my bones are not! Hey..my kid thinks I'm a rock star...that's better than being 16 again!

No comments:

Post a Comment