Tuesday, March 15, 2011

10 Days Home

Brian and I are still not in any real groove. We do sleep at night, though not as deep as we are used to since Ty is in our room. Brian was excited this morning when he was able to leave for work around 8:30a. His routine is to go to the gym before work..that was his routine. He and Ty get in good bonding time in the early morning, while I get an hour or two of solid sleep. The girls are on Spring Break, so they too are getting good bonding time. Ty is not feeling too great, he has a rotten cold and I suspect a little teething action, both of which sent him to bed with tired eyes and a low grade temp. I had to 'suction' his nose today..that took one episode for him to understand that is very unpleasant and should be avoided at all costs. The next two times were a struggle to say the least. His first dose of Motrin ended up on his chin and shirt, he spit it out as fast as I was squirting it in. His second dose went down much smoother with him actually holding on to the dispenser for every last drop...that's what a little taste of sugar will do for ya!
We are all trying to adjust to a 2 parent, 3 kid family. The girls are pretty self sufficient at their ages and have been able help to me with Ty. It is torture to have them use 'quiet' voices during nap time...today is the first day they both were able to do it. (That is the one thing they would probably say is the biggest issue...working around a sleeping baby. Oh, and Mallory can't stand to be stuck in the van with him if he cries..she holds her ears and says just that "I can't stand it Mom!") As soon as they heard Ty wake up they were bouncing off the walls! They ran into the bedroom and hugged him, laughed at his sleepy cuteness and talked as loud as they could without crossing the line into yelling...they couldn't help themselves.
I am so grateful that Ty likes us..really. When we met him in January he was not feeling well and at times quite convincing that we were not at all his style. I don't know what brought the change in him but boy am I glad to see his smiling face and feel his head rest on my shoulder. He plays and plays, he eats with both hands shoveling as fast as he can and, yes, he is finally warming up to the animals. Slowly mind you..but it is happening. He is very ticklish on his feet and belly laughs if I remove sock lint from between his little toes. He babbles a lot too, I know he has such a great story to tell. The girls keep saying that he says "dada" but I think that's just baby babble...it better be!
Here are some cute pics taken today..





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Great pics Hollie!! So glad to see him at home. ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has gotten chunky since I saw him, yay for healthy diets!! Such cuteness-all your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete